So, Japan has an insane trash system...
You separate burnables from non-burnables. You have to separate cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles (by color). You have to remove the labels of all plastic bottles and the caps.
Now, this wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't publicly humiliate you if you screw up.
So I was running late a few days ago, and I had to throw away the box for my new space heater (which is necessary because it is FREEZING here). And I just folded it up and threw it away in the bin outside my apt.
Trash pick up was on Thursday, so when I got to work on Friday, my supervisor turned to me and said...
Kagawa: "I got a call from your landlord..."
Me:(Oh shit)
Kagawa: "Did you throw away a box for a heater?..."
Me: "umm..." (can I possibly blame this on the 2 other foreigners living in my building or anyone else.......stall stall...)
Kagawa: "Well the trash company found your something in the trash with your name on it. They called your landlord. Your landlord called me...From now on just break the boxes down and put them in a bag so people can pick them up easier."
Me: "ok I'm sorry. I didn't know. It will never happen again..." (Are you kidding me? The trash guys had the time to find the SOMETHING in there with my name on it, figure out who I was, call my landlord, and then the landlord called my office......WTF!!!!!)
So yeah...If I hadn't been so embarrassed that my supervisor was correcting me on how I throw away my trash (and the fact that people went through my trash) I would have laughed. REALLY HARD.
Ugh, TGIF
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment