Today after we worked on the newsletter, we went to the Fujiwara Guest House for a "Men's Cooking Class" and for a re-use event.
The food was really good, though they made spare ribs without BBQ sauce which threw me off. I heard they were making ribs and I had the image of BBQ ribs in my head. However, the ribs were made with a sort of salty sauce (not really salty just very light salt).
There were about 17 people at the table and they cracked open 2 bottles of wine for the toast, even though at least half the people remarked that they couldn't drink because they had driven there. But they just had to have wine for the kampai. So, what happened? They gave me 3 glasses of wine. And they "made" me drink it. They guilted me into it saying that the wine would go to waste. And by staring at me. So I gave in. And in the middle of a Thursday at work I got a little tipsy.
After dinner we held the re-use event in the next room. I didn't buy anything because it was all mostly for older women, but I stuck around and chatted with the members of the group. Some of them were trying to exchange phone information by using the infrared setting on their phones, but they couldn't figure it out. So they asked me to help. Their phones were all set up in Japanese so it was a bit difficult to navigate, but I finally figured out how to make them work.
I used to think it was bad that I had to teach my Mom how to text and how to use ITunes at first. But she didn't really need my help that much and she figured most of it out on her own. But these women had no idea how to use their phones. It had to walk them through everything. It was pretty funny. And they couldn't see the numbers on the screen so I had to read it off for them. It was pretty hilarious.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment