Saturday, January 23, 2010

TGIFridays! in Kyoto! What?!

So we all found out that they have opened a TGIFridays here in Kyoto. And not just that, but it is really close and easy to get to. I have just gotten back from America, and I really never cared much for TGIFridays but I had to go. I just couldn't pass it up.

Dara and I headed into the city for a real American meal, in the historic capital of Japan....



As you can see, I was thrilled by the menu. It was actually just like the American one, as far as I could remember, having only been maybe two or three times.



It was really an odd experience. The waiters were all dressed in red and white stripes and they had their flare and everything. They had weird nicknames and they even had a flare bar show.It was amazing to look out the window and see Kyoto and then look inside the restaurant and feel like I was in America, except that I had to butcher the English when I ordered "cheezu chikin" please.



Dara got the chicken finger blt (below), but it reminded me too much of when I was in college and I gained like 25 pounds on chicken finger quesadillas, etc.



note, I have since dragged The Boy there twice. The first time he tried the double Jack Daniels burger, which of course only made him believe that American portions really are huge. He couldn't fit it in his mouth. The second time I finally got to try the fried mac 'n' cheese appetizer, which is odd. I wanted to try that back home, but didn't get to til I came around the world.

No comments: