Friday, June 5, 2009

My Girlfriend is a Cyborg

So they make weird movies in Japan.

Tonight Nanami brought over some of her homemade umesyuu to Liz's place and the three of us and Laurel all had an umesyuu party. She also brought with her the movie 「僕の彼女はサイボーグ」or My Girlfriend is a Cyborg.

It was an epic tale of this poor man who wants a girlfriend but just can't seem to get one. (perhaps he is an "insect guy" *see post for 6/11/09*)

So on his birthday one year he meets a beautiful woman who turns out to be a cyborg that was sent to him by his future self to save him from an attack. He falls in love with said cyborg and the story is about him trying to make the cyborg love him back.

She was created to save him and she does that throughout the film. In the end there is a major earthquake that demolishes the city and the cyborg "dies" while trying to save him...

Anyway...I thought it was hilarious. Laurel, Liz, and Nanami are apparently far more sentimental than I am for they got annoyed at me for laughing while she "died." Either way I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, though I took it for a comedy when apparently it was supposed to be a romance?

No comments: