I had some comp time saved up so I took it today. It turned out to be a good thing, because the cold I have been fighting for a few weeks actually started to seem more like a sinus infection so I needed to visit the doctor.
The nice thing about being a CIR is that I can go to the doctor by myself. My friend Liz was sick last week and she had to have 2 people go with her and then the whole office heard about her being sick and ugh. It's just so frustrating when everyone has to know everything about you. So I both love and hate that I can go alone. Love because my diseasedness stays private. Hate because I sometimes have no idea what I am doing (though when Matt gave me scabies last fall it was quite nice to not have to tell anyone about it...(^_~) )
So I went to the doctor this morning. I looked up the word for sinus infection and went and gave it my best shot. I got a Q-tip stuck up my nose and had to go get head X-rays (but I saw what the inside of my head looks like) and then I had to take this weird medication that involved me sticking a small tube up my nostrils and inhaling...keep in mind this is in a room full of other patients. There are no private rooms here. Everyone is all in there together.
The doctor gave me some meds and warned me that since this was my first sinus infection I will be more susceptible to them from here on out. I have to take 12 pills a day for a week but by the time I hit the states I'll be good as new.
After that I met the boy at the cafe for lunch. He lent me a DVD of Japanese contemporary dance that he got from a friend and told me to watch it with Liz since she is a dancer. Seriously...he gets huge points for listening.
After that I went to Mister Donuts and read and then went to taiko. Other than the nasal violation it was a nice day off.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment