Seriously...this old dude will not get the hint. He must be the guy they created the term KY about.
So the day was almost over. I had about an hour and a half left and I was trying not to watch the minute hand slowly make its way around the face of the clock.
Then...it happened.
"knock knock"
There was a soft knock at the door. The door slowly opened and in shuffled a little old man. And my heart stopped.
He asked "Is there a Margaret Mann working here?"
And I am sure my face was bright red as I tried hard not to laugh. or cry. or scream.
Because it was Mister Donuts Man.
I had him sit down at our little conference table and he pulled out a small little file folder with a piece of paper in it. He had written me a letter, in English, to give me his correct cell phone email address (which he had called my office about last week). Because I had never contacted him, he just decided to show up at my place of employment.....da what?
So he hands me the little file folder covered with pictures of pears and this cute little letter he had written. And I tried not to be filled with hate for this poor little man.
But if he had left me alone and we had randomly run into each other I would happily talk to him. But he is now forcing me into a very awkward situation. I must either contact him, or risk him visiting my office again.
I can never go to Mister Donuts, my favorite study hang out, alone again. It is uncomfortable that he will go to such lengths to try to be friends with someone he has had one conversation with. It freaked me out. He's not so cute and sad anymore and is now kinda creepy. I mean, who does that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment