Today I re-contracted.
I signed the papers, had my interview, and was officially rehired for 2009-2010 (^_^)
I can't say I was actually nervous, since I have heard that it is very rare for a JET to be refused (though apparently it happened last year to one of the Kameokans...), but you know me, I worry about things like this. I never think that people think I am doing a good job.
I have known since my first day that I would be re-contracting. For me the scary part about coming to Japan was the unknown. Once I arrived in Tokyo I knew I would be here for at least two years.
Now that I have been here for 6 months and seen just how much my Japanese has improved in a short time, I am fairly certain I will be here for 3....
Which means I will be here til I am 25 ヘ(。□°)ヘ
Hooray for being a クリスマスケーキ (Christmas Cake)*...
But I am actually really excited about this decision. I think I am going to get a lot out of this experience and it will help me experience more possible career avenues for the future. (ugh, I really am becoming Japanese...double use of experience...let's enjoying!)
*It has been requested that I explain this term. A Christmas Cake is a Japanese term for an unmarried woman 25 years or older....You wouldn't buy Christmas Cake after Christmas would you (ie. the 25th)?
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Keep talking like that and I may just have to wait around an extra year or two... capitalize on a good deal ;-)
Post a Comment