Us Kameoka JETs have come up with a new term...it's called the friend crush. This is a Japanese guy who we want to be friends with. We tend to have trouble meeting Japanese people our age so when we come across one we want to become friends with, he is our friend crush...there is no romantic interest (though most of them believe I will end up marrying a Japanese guy.....)
So at calligraphy class today I had my first real conversation with my friend crush. He is this cute guy who is just kinda quiet and is really good at calligraphy. He was sitting next to me and I was trying to come up with a way to talk to him when he talked to me first!
Though only to tell me I was doing something wrong _| ̄|○
But it ended up being a short conversation. Then I was talking to sensei about Japan etc. and about how nothing is better than nabe and kotatsu and my friend crush totally laughed and smiled
ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ
Seriously though, getting a Japanese person to come out of their shell and interact with you is not always easy...some of them tend to be extremely shy. So hooray for a step in the right direction.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment