Thursday, August 20, 2009

ARGH Part 2

Frustrating day number 2. I was right and the printing of the newsletter took forever. My staff arrived and were shocked to find out that we hadn’t printed yet. They usually come to help put the printed and folded pages together into the newsletter and then mail them off—but today they arrived and had nothing to do but fold pages as they printed off. So basically they were there for nothing. Also, the woman who writes the recurring article “I am in Shanghai” was visiting from China. Kojima-san didn’t really introduce us so I just sort of sat there awkwardly while I was trying to make last minute adjustments and printing.

Then my newsletter staff just sat there complaining about how long it was taking and how small the print on one of the articles was and blah blah blah. I wanted to just yell at them. If you don’t like it, do it yourself.

Then, all I had left to do during the day was finish printing—and each page of the newsletter took about 2 and a half hours. And then the Xerox repair man came and I had to stop. So I didn’t even finish printing meaning we had to push back delivery of the newsletter til next week. AARGH.

No comments: