I was minding my own business at the office this morning when I the phone rang. I only answer the phones when I am alone in the office because I am A. not good enough at Japanese to really be good at answering the phones and B. not aware of the events going on in the office or the city hall so I cannot really be helpful to anyone who calls. I usually just tune out what goes on around me anyway because it is too distracting if I don't.
But something about this call caught my attention.
Tanaka-kakarityou was chatting with the person on the other line, when all of a sudden he says: "Oh, at Mister Donuts?"
Now, this really only caught my attention because I spent like 5 hours at Mister Donuts yesterday (2 of which when I was trapped by that old man).
It couldn't possibly be about me...right? Maybe the guy from the tourism division wanted something...maybe it's unrelated.
He kept talking to the person on the other line for a while and wrote a few things down before hanging up.
And...
he turned toward me...
and said
T: "Did you meet someone at Mister Donuts yesterday, Margaret?"
Me: "Ummm yes."
T: "He wanted me to give you his correct email address. He says he gave you the wrong one yesterday."
I nearly fell out of my chair. I could not believe that. I was laughing so hard I started to cry.
I had not told that old guy where I work...but he tracked me down and called my office to give me his phone number. Because he thinks we are friends now. CREEPY.
Of course then I had to explain the whole story to my office while they all laughed about my creepy old guy stalker man and joked about how popular I am that I can pick up men at the donut shop.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment