Sunday, August 23, 2009

Breakdancing and Juggling

Today Laurel's friend Tamon invited us to a breakdancing event at a sports bar called Freeball.

The whole event was basically a bunch of teams battling. The emcee was a friend of Tamon's and a professional break dancer. Having pretty much zero knowledge of what makes someone a good dancer, I had a lot of fun and thought they were all really good. Laurel was able to make some more judgments, but I just watched and enjoyed.

They also had a performance from the world champion diabolo juggler, a guy who can also breakdance, and he showed us how juggling can be really hot. He seemed to be a bit of a cocky bastard, but that just added to his appeal I think. Plus when you're the World's Best Anything, I think you have the right to be a bit cocky.

Until I get the videos, I defer to my friend Laurel's blog.

We got our asses beat at arm wrestling by Tamon's 80 pound friend Mizuho, who also happened to be gorgeous...sad day for us fat, weak Americans....

After about 4 hours of breakdancing we decided to head out. I went off to Loft in search of art for my apartment. I came up emptyhanded because Loft is super expensive, but then came across my favorite art store in Kyoto, with cheap and modern wood block prints. Laurel and Dara headed off to church.

No comments: